[Ffmpeg-devel] HDTV-H.264 by BBC not playing

Bill May wmay
Fri Sep 16 18:50:52 CEST 2005

M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> Reimar D?ffinger said:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>>So this needs a bugreport at MPlayer. Where exactly should I report this?
>>>I would also be happy if somebody could do that for me, pointing to this
>>>thread :-)
>>
>>I posted a few different patches to -dev-eng, in the thread named
>>[RFC] h264 ES parser problems
>>If any of you can help out with a reliable and simple way to detect the
>>start of a new frame in a H264 stream we'd all be very happy :-).
>

> There is no simple way.  The spec has the details.

In my mpeg4ip project, lib/mp4av/h264.cpp, routine h264_detect_boundary
should be able to detect access unit boundaries in elementary streams.
It might not work with multiple picture header or sequence headers (ie:
different versions for different frames in the same streams), but should
work other than that.

Bill May
http://mpeg4ip.sf.net