[Ffmpeg-devel] HDTV-H.264 by BBC not playing

Loïc Le Loarer lll+ffmpeg
Fri Sep 16 15:34:35 CEST 2005

Le Friday 16 September 2005 ? 14:55:46 +0200, Nico Sabbi a ?crit:
> M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
>
> >Reimar D?ffinger said:
> >

> >>Hi,

> >>I posted a few different patches to -dev-eng, in the thread named
> >>[RFC] h264 ES parser problems
> >>If any of you can help out with a reliable and simple way to detect the
> >>start of a new frame in a H264 stream we'd all be very happy :-).
> >>

> >There is no simple way.  The spec has the details.
> >

> can someone explain how to deal with 0x109 "access unit" NAL?
> IIUC it's not mandatory (it's the first time I see it in a sample)
> but where does it have to show  when it's present, after the SPS
> and before every slice header?
>
> That specs is quite obscure to me...
> Thanks,
>    Nico

NAL N?9 is "access unit delimiter", it is not really useful to decode,
the easyest way to deal with it is to ignore completely. It can be
useful if you want to seek in the bitstream because it gives a hit on
the type of picture comming after.

Best Regards

--
Lo?c