[Ffmpeg-devel] mpeg4 avi, corrupted frames when CODEC_FLAG_TRUNCATED is set

Stefan Lucke stefan
Fri Oct 21 11:45:42 CEST 2005

Quoting Colin Ward:

> M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> >
> >>   So the great question is: If I have a media player that plays AVI,
> >>   MPEG, MOV, MP3 and OGG files, how do I know when this flag should
> >>   be on and when it shouldn't?
> >
> > The demuxers will have to specify whether they return complete frames
> > or not.
>
>    And I take it from your use of the future tense that this is not done
> yet?  :-)

To my simple opinion this should be taken as a hint (clearing CODEC_FLAG_TRUNCATED).

>    Wouldn't that mean that it is not possible to play all formats
> without one or another of them giving problems if the flag is set, and a
> different one or another of them giving problems if it is not?

Again, presenting a sequence of chunks (1.1, 1.2, .. 2.1, 2.2, ..) should result
in the same output frames as just presenting chunk 1, 2, .. , and any other result
is to my simple opinion an error in the internal framer.

I'll do some tests when I'm back home.

Stefan Lucke