[Ffmpeg-devel] Enhanced FLIC Decoder

Mike Melanson mike
Sat Oct 8 00:20:33 CEST 2005

Steven Johnson wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Attached is my first patch against FFMPEG.

	Welcome to the family.

> It provides for support of 15bpp FLX files (as generated) by Ulead Media
> Studio Pro, and probably other programs.
> It provides for support of the 15bpp/16bpp better compressed FLX files,
> with the extensions created by Daves Targa Animator [DTA] (a program
> from the early 90's).
>
> Ive tested it against FLX's from Ulead.  And FLX with DTA extensions
> from EGI V4.00. (The only current programs I know that generate these
> files).

	Thanks for the patch. What we really need now are samples to test and
verify. Can you provide samples for download? If you have no public
space, let us know and we can set up a place for you to send them
(please do NOT send them to the list).

> Why would one do this.  Well its not the worlds best codec, thats for

	You don't need to make excuses. No codec is too obscure for us. :)

--
	-Mike Melanson