[Ffmpeg-devel] Legal questions...

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Tue Oct 4 14:46:41 CEST 2005

Hi,
On Tue, Oct 04, 2005 at 09:34:40AM -0300, . m a r c o s   a u g u s t o wrote:
> This way the codecs companies can prosecute me ?

They always "can". Just as you "can" sue somebody because he doesn't
greet you (yes, it probably won't make it even to court but still).
Or as you "can" kill somebody.
The only questions that matter is
1) How much can it cost you, in the best case, in the worst case and in
the probable case.
2) How much are you ready to pay and with which probability.

Get a lawyer to get an answer to the first question, this is not the
right place to get an answer to this! What we "believe" should not
matter if you don't just want to "feel good" but actually want to know
what you are doing/risking.

Greetings,
Reimar D??ffinger