[Ffmpeg-devel] why not have h264 encoder in the libavcodec?

Mike Melanson mike
Wed Nov 9 00:41:04 CET 2005

Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 09, 2005 at 06:57:01AM +1100, Tim Allen wrote:
>
>>Mike Melanson wrote:

>>>   Could probably be phrased as the more general "Why doesn't FFmpeg
>>>support feature [xyz]?" Because no one has taken on that task yet.
>>
>>No, keep it specific, challenge people :). "Why doesn't FFmpeg support
>>feature [xyz]?" "Because you haven't implemented it yet".
>

> Everyone please agree on a version and I will commit it immediately ;)

	I will meet Tim halfway:

Q: Why doesn't FFmpeg support feature [xyz]?
A: Because no one has taken on that task yet. FFmpeg development is
driven by the tasks that are important to the individual developers. If
there is a feature that is important to you, the best way to get it
implemented is to undertake the task yourself.

That should be tactful and long-winded enough.

--
	-Mike Melanson