[Ffmpeg-devel] mpeg transport streams

Måns Rullgård mru
Fri May 27 13:06:15 CEST 2005

Luca Abeni <lucabe72 at email.it> writes:

>> Once the PCR is there (the patch adds it apparently) it might be good
>> enough (tm)
> I do not think so... In my experience, even if the PCR field is
> correctly filled the mpegts muxer will still produce streams that cause
> buffer overruns/underruns in most set-top-boxes (this problem is not
> visible using a software player, because it generally has larger
> buffer).

At least one STB I've used ignores the PCR entirely.  Instead it has
another peculiarity.  I requires the video stream to be about 100 ms
ahead of the audio, the reason being that it uses the audio PTS as the
master clock.

BTW, how are other TS muxers faring these days?  Has anyone tried VLC
recently?

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mru at inprovide.com