[Ffmpeg-devel] mpeg transport streams

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Fri May 27 11:55:56 CEST 2005

On Fri, 2005-05-27 at 11:26, Erik Slagter wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-05-26 at 17:21 -0500, Eric L. Hernes wrote:
> > * Send full frames as PES packets rather than breaking them into
> > transport sized blocks.
>
> Huh? You cannot go and make TS packets any size you'd like, or am I
> misunderstanding this?
I think he is referring to PES packets size, not TS packets size. As far
I can remember, a PES packet size can go from 0 (unspecified, can be
used only for video streams) to 2^16-1. (so, what does the muxer do if a
frame is bigger than 2^16?)

Some time ago, I played with the libavcodec ts muxer, and I noticed that
the PES packet size that it uses creates problems to hw decoders...

(Disclaimer, I still have to look at the patch :)

			Luca