[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: H.264 Mini Press Release

bond b-o-n-d
Thu May 26 14:01:07 CEST 2005

> On Mon, 23 May 2005, bond wrote:
>
> > i assume the main reason, why apples HD trailers dont work correctly is
that
> > they use multiple sliced frames, which libavcodec still doesnt seem to
> > decode correctly, as can be seen too on moonlight and videosoft samples
>
> I tested on all of the samples in the Apple HD gallery, (which all use
> multislice) and all of them worked perfectly.
> That said, I have sometimes seen problems when decoding multislice from
> moonlight.

indeed, there are problems with the moonlight clips, but i also get exactly
the same problems (artefacts looking the same way) with multislice clips
from videosoft

i have uploaded two such samples to incoming/avc_multislice. as you can see
on the clips the errors dont occur on all frames, but only on some.

cheers
bond