[Ffmpeg-devel] Possibly wrong tags assigned in movenc.c

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Tue May 24 10:25:30 CEST 2005

Hi

On Wednesday 11 May 2005 17:08, Nico Sabbi wrote:
> Hi,
> according to IS-14496-1, when muxing to MP4 the tag assigned to H264 in the
>
> object_type field present in the DecoderConfigDescriptor is 0x21,
> while ffmpeg assigns 241 (in ff_mov_obj_type).
>
> Additionally, stream_type should be 0x4 for video
> and 0x5 for audio, instead movenc uses 0x11 and 0x15 respectively.
>
> Are the current values specific to quicktime?

i would guess they are probably just wrong, do they cause problems with any
players? do the IS-14496-1 values cause problems with any players? if later
is not worse then we should change them, cvs commit or patch welcome

Michael