[Ffmpeg-devel] int vs. float: Hard Numbers

Tuukka Toivonen tuukkat
Mon May 23 10:06:10 CEST 2005

On Fri, 20 May 2005, Corey Hickey wrote:

>> Each mul depends on the output of the previous one. Very bad test...
> Would that explain why I'm sometimes getting different results when I
> run the test repeatedly?

No. More likely a cache/alignment effect. Or maybe you happen to get an
interrupt while the code runs (that is why when benchmarking a longer code
taking up to half the time of timer rate it's good idea to count the number
of interrupts using the performance counters and ignore those test runs
where an interrupt happens. For shorter code, you can just rerun the test).