[Ffmpeg-devel] ac3enc.c modifications

Rich Felker dalias
Sun May 15 08:33:03 CEST 2005

On Sun, May 15, 2005 at 07:36:53AM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Sunday 15 May 2005 03:10, Justin Ruggles wrote:
> [...]
>
> > Some comments while I'm all psyched:
> >
> > DC filtering:  I agree with Michael that filtering should be left out.
> > libavcodec is a library, not an application, so filtering the input
> > would be presumptuous.  FFmpeg, however, is an application, but audio
> > filtering might just be overkill...i dunno...
>
> its ok in its own c file and used by ffmpeg.c, though eventually libavfilter
> would be nice ...

hmmm.. :)
i'd be interested in writing it. actually i scrapped my plans for
mplayer g2/g3 in hopes of building a good player on top of just
lavc/lavf instead since they're quickly on the way to having good api
and supporting all formats that have been reverse engineered.

do you have any ideas in mind for the sort of api you'd want it to
use? my main requirements are advanced buffer management for optimal
processing without extra memcpy, proper pts handling, and (but this is
open to discussion) pull-driven from the end of the filter chains.

rich