[Ffmpeg-devel] trouble with h264.c

Måns Rullgård mru
Fri May 13 16:41:10 CEST 2005

Scott Treude <scott at niceshoes.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to convert an h264 quicktime to a series of ppm files and
> I'm receiving the following error:
>
> ffmpeg: h264.c:2316: mc_dir_part: Assertion `pic->data[0]' failed.
>
> The command I'm using is:
> /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg -ss 100  -t .2 -i myMovie.mov test%d.ppm
>
> It seems to work fine without the -ss; so is seeking a problem with h264?

This is a know problem, at least to me.  Unfortunately, I'm not sure
how to fix it.  The problem is that a reference picture used by the
picture being decoded is unavailable, since it was before the point
you started decoding at.

Michael, Loren, what should we do about this?  It used to work, a long
time ago.  IIRC, it broke around the time B-frame support was added.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mru at inprovide.com