[Ffmpeg-devel] [Ss][Nn][Oo][Ww] spelling^wbranding

Rich Felker dalias
Thu May 12 22:42:11 CEST 2005

On Thu, May 12, 2005 at 09:48:32PM +0200, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:

> >> Anyone know the reason why legacy systems used all caps? It's really
> >> funny..
> >
> > Because primitive terminals only had caps.
>
> Well, then what was the reason for that?  This reminds me of turtles.

OK, here it is: Although all-lowercase was KNOWN at the time to be
easier to read and easier on the eyes than all-caps, designers chose
to use caps instead of lowercase because it would be blasphemy to
write god without a capital G...

Rich