[Ffmpeg-devel] [Ss][Nn][Oo][Ww] spelling^wbranding

Måns Rullgård mru
Thu May 12 18:42:02 CEST 2005

Mike Melanson <mike at multimedia.cx> writes:

> M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
>> Of all the reasons I could think of for a naming, that would be the
>> worst.  Why is everyone so obsessed by these fourccs?  The sooner the
>
> 	Because 'everyone' uses fourccs. Think of AVI, QuickTime,
> 	Real. Wishing that it will go away will not make it so.

Fourccs are an implementation detail of a few container formats, not
something universal.  The majority of the formats use other methods.

>> AVI format is extinct, the better.
>
> 	Unix fanboys have also been predicting the downfall of Windows
> 	for a long time...

I'm not that optimistic, but I'm certain that Linux/Unix has a future.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mru at inprovide.com