[Ffmpeg-devel] [Ss][Nn][Oo][Ww] spelling^wbranding

Matti Hamalainen mhamalai
Thu May 12 18:05:46 CEST 2005

On Thu, 12 May 2005, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:

> Guillaume POIRIER <poirierg at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Hi,

> >>         Conventionally, FOURCCs from AVI files are uppercase. I would vote for
> >> SNOW (and that is the current FOURCC).
> >
> > Yeah, but the fourCC of XviD is XVID, same for DivX, which is DIVX...
> > so that is still not a clear-cut case.
> > Considering what I just wrote, maybe we should call it SnoW? :-)
>
> Wouldn't 5n0w be better?

Of course. More l33t FourCC would increase interest among warez/subbing
groups thus 5n0w would become the new de-facto codec, perhaps also making
NUT the new "container format of the month". ;)

--
] ccr/TNSP^DKD^pWp :: ccr(at)tnsp(dot)org :: http://ccr.tnsp.org/
] Fingerprint: 0466 95ED 96DF 3701 C71D   D62D 10A6 28A6 1374 C112