[Ffmpeg-devel] location of uploaded video samples?

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml
Thu May 12 07:57:22 CEST 2005

Mike Melanson wrote:
> Guilhem Tardy wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I am looking for a Quicktime H.264 video file, and would rather not pay the
>>Apple tax (nor do I have a Mac available).
>>
>>Would anyone be kind enough to point to me where such files are usually
>>uploaded on MHQ?
>

> 	There probably are a few on MPHQ. However, check out the front page of
> Dave's Trailer Page:
>
>    http://davestrailerpage.co.uk/
>
> and search for "Apple Hi-Def Trailers". Apple has posted several H.264
> HD trailers and the above page has direct download links.

Nice-looking video clips. I'm impressed. They need a lot of CPU power,
though: my poor little Athlon64 3400+ can't quite play the 1920x1080
"BBC Motion Gallery Reel" in realtime:
http://images.apple.com/movies/us/hd_gallery/gl1800/bbc_1080p.zip

...though it can manage the 1920x816 Serenity trailer:
http://images.apple.com/movies/us/hd_gallery/gl1800/serenity_1080p.zip

Offhand, do you know any way to download the clips that don't have a
direct-download link? Consider this page, for example:
http://www.apple.com/quicktime/hdgallery/wildlifehdreel.html

It has an embedded mov file:
http://images.apple.com/movies/us/hd_gallery/gl1800/wildlife_ctp_328x185.mov

...which is 11725 bytes. I'm guessing it's a reference file of some
sort, but it's not plain-text like I would expect a reference file to be.

-Corey