[Ffmpeg-devel] Compilation with --enable-theora fails

castet.matthieu at free.fr castet.matthieu
Wed May 11 16:24:19 CEST 2005

Hi,

Selon Keenan Pepper <keenanpepper at gmail.com>:

> Viktor Kompaneyets wrote:
> > Is there missing files?
> > I'd used latest CVS version, but makefile kan't find oggtheora.c in
> libavcodec
>
> I think oggtheora.c is missing simply because nobody's written it yet. I
> can write it when I have some spare time - it should just be some glue
> code to interface to libtheora, and also some changes to the ogg demuxer
> (currently it only recognizes one vorbis stream). For now you'll just
> have to omit --enable-theora (no idea why the option has been there so
> long with no actual code).

No it is already written (search the mailling list), but actually the ogg
demuxer don't support theora.
They were patch for the libogg demuxer but they were rejected. Now we have ogg2
demuxer, there were a patch that enable theora support, but it wasn't applied,
and now it don't work anymore with timestamp recent change...

There is also a theora native decoder, and it seem it don't work.

Well the ogg/theora part seem unmaintained...

Matthieu