[Ffmpeg-devel] Compilation with --enable-theora fails

Måns Rullgård mru
Wed May 11 16:22:37 CEST 2005

Keenan Pepper <keenanpepper at gmail.com> writes:

> Viktor Kompaneyets wrote:
>> Is there missing files?  I'd used latest CVS version, but makefile
>> kan't find oggtheora.c in libavcodec
>
> I think oggtheora.c is missing simply because nobody's written it yet. I
> can write it when I have some spare time - it should just be some glue
> code to interface to libtheora, and also some changes to the ogg demuxer
> (currently it only recognizes one vorbis stream). For now you'll just
> have to omit --enable-theora (no idea why the option has been there so
> long with no actual code).

Since I'm sort of in charge of the Ogg demuxer, i guess this is my
call.  I haven't yet checked in the theora support for the Ogg demuxer
due to the incredibly insane way they've used to map frame number to
granule position.  Rich, will you help me out bashing Xiph a little?

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mru at inprovide.com