[Ffmpeg-devel] Memory leakage when using libavcodec with ffmpeg2theora

Viktor Kompaneyets vato
Wed May 11 15:45:31 CEST 2005

? ????????? ?? ?????, 11-???-2005 14:46 M?ns Rullg?rd ???????(a):
> Viktor Kompaneyets <vato at wnet.ua> writes:
> > I'm encoding streams from MPEG2 DVB source (sky4linux device) using
> > libavcodec/libavformat libraries with ffmpeg2theora.
> >
> > If there are errors in stream:
> > [mpeg2video @ 0x8380398]MPEG motion vector out of boundary
>
> That's should never happen with a good stream.  Can you upload a
> sample?

The stream comes from sattelite. It can't be good stream at all.
I'll try to catch some hunreds of megabytes to find it out.

> > I see a leakage in application (ffmpeg2theora)
> Does this leakage happen only with that application?  If so, this is
> not the proper place to report it.

I'm not shure - ffmpeg itself, when running leaks too, even running in such
manner:
ffmpeg -i /dev/dvb/stream\
  -sameq -vcodec mpeg2video\
  -acodec copy  -f mpeg2video /dev/null

So problem is (perhaps) in mpeg2video module

--
Viktor Kompaneyets
Wnet ISP