[Ffmpeg-devel] segfault in ff_mpeg1_find_frame_end()

Stefan Lucke stefan
Mon May 9 22:50:09 CEST 2005

On Donnerstag, 14. April 2005 10:13, Stefan Lucke wrote:

> In between I had a look at ff_combine_frame() of file parser.c which does a
> av_fast_realloc() with FF_INPUT_BUFFER_PADDING_SIZE additional bytes. But
> these additional bytes are not zeroed as comment in avcodec.h claims.
> I'll have to check if that might cause my segfaults.

Things are getting more complicated. For my first sample stream
which crashed upon 16:9 -> 4:3 change I've a fix for parser.c:
attached as parser-02.diff

But now I've a sample stream 4.4MB that crashes upon a 4:3 -> 16:9 switch
even with the modification from above.

Both crashes are related/caused to/by the follow thread:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.ffmpeg.devel/20933

A fix method is to backout mpeg12.c change from rev 1.227 to 1.228
and to use rejected patch from above link.

--
Stefan Lucke