[Ffmpeg-devel] Frame rates and time_base

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Fri May 6 23:17:29 CEST 2005

Hi

On Friday 06 May 2005 17:05, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> After the latest framerate/pts related changes, I have a few
> questions:
>
> - Is it still possible to find the framerate in AVCodecContext?  How?

well, if its fixed fps, AVCodecContext.time_base should be 1/framerate and if
its not fixed, well then theres no fps anyway (the old frame_rate wouldnt
have helped you here either, as most likely it would have been 1/time_base)

there is also AVFormatContext.r_frame_rate which contains libavformats guess
of the framerate

> - What is the proper way to synchronize the pts values with timestamps
>   from the containter?

hmm, iam not sure what you are asking here ...

> - What will the next incompatible change be? ;-)

dunno yet, but there certainly will be a few more

--
Michael

"nothing is evil in the beginning. Even Sauron was not so." -- Elrond