[Ffmpeg-devel] VLC reading with LSB first bitreader (instead of the available MSB first one)

Balatoni Denes dbalatoni
Thu May 5 22:00:24 CEST 2005

Hi!

I have succesfully raped the bitstream reader to be lsb first (only 2 lines
had to be changed). But it turns out the VLC reader depends on an msb first
bitreader. Should we forget about a not ogg dependent vorbis decoder, or
should I hack in my lame vlc decoder with tree - or is there an easy to
understand description of the current vlc reader (not the source itself) ? Or
maybe somebody would like to adopt the current vlc reader to an lsb first
bitreader?

any objections or ideas appreciated
thanks, bye
Denes