[Ffmpeg-devel] reply-to headers and the mailinglist

François Revol revol
Thu May 5 19:33:53 CEST 2005

> >> It seems to work well on all the lists I subscribe to that don't
> > > mess
> >> with reply-to.  Any sane mailer has a command that replies in the
> >> proper way.
> >
> > I don't have time to add that command to BeMail and the default one
> > replies always offlist with that kind of stuff and it drives me
> > mad.
>
> So bemail isn't sane.  End of story.
>
> >> Setting relpy-to to the list addrss only makes it difficult to
> > > reply
> >> off-list, if that's what you actually want to do.
> >
> > But it's not what I usually want to do.
> >
> > If I want to do that I just "Reply to Sender" which does the
> > correct
> > thing.
> >
> > Any sane mailer should do that :P
>
> That feature doesn't seem to be as wide-spread as "reply to all" (or
> similar names).  Of course, any really sane mailer (like gnus) can be
> made to do absolutely anything.

I need 2 things to us egnus for mail here...
- fix the configure.ac in XEmacs (they *finally* switched over to
autocrap 2.5x)
- get it use the sane and native format for mails instead of mbox or
whatever crap unix use. That's not gonna happen any time soon :p

Fran?ois.