[Ffmpeg-devel] GCC 4.0 on Mac OS X 10.4.

François Revol revol
Thu May 5 19:32:03 CEST 2005

> Hi,
>
> I ran into a couple of minor problems in compiling on mac os x 10.4,
> one
> I could fix, the other I couldn't.
>
> In libavformat/tcp.c, there is a
>
> #if defined(__APPLE__) || defined(__BEOS__)
> typedef int socklen_t;
> #endif
>
> In Tiger, they have included the socklen_t definition.  I don't see
> the equivalent of an autoconf AC_CHECK_TYPES in your configure file;
> do know that you are against using autoconf, so I'm not sure how you
> want to handle it.

Guess you'll have to complicate teh #if for OSes that change their mind
every year...

> There are also a lot of other warnings (like misapplied formats in
> printfs) - should I try to fix those ?

No use, not all OSes have teh same type for what is printed anyway.
Some use int for socklen_t some use long... printf will always complain
somewhere about that. I get that everytime in BeOS. :^)

Fran?ois.