[Ffmpeg-devel] reply-to headers and the mailinglist

Måns Rullgård mru
Thu May 5 18:52:26 CEST 2005

"Fran?ois Revol" <revol at free.fr> writes:

>> > This is nonsense...without it everyone would reply off-list and
>> > spam us all.
>>
>> It seems to work well on all the lists I subscribe to that don't mess
>> with reply-to.  Any sane mailer has a command that replies in the
>> proper way.
>
> I don't have time to add that command to BeMail and the default one
> replies always offlist with that kind of stuff and it drives me mad.

So bemail isn't sane.  End of story.

>> Setting relpy-to to the list addrss only makes it difficult to reply
>> off-list, if that's what you actually want to do.
>
> But it's not what I usually want to do.
>
> If I want to do that I just "Reply to Sender" which does the correct
> thing.
>
> Any sane mailer should do that :P

That feature doesn't seem to be as wide-spread as "reply to all" (or
similar names).  Of course, any really sane mailer (like gnus) can be
made to do absolutely anything.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mru at inprovide.com