[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: Problems encoding H264 with a MP4 / MOV container with ffmpeg

Bill May wmay
Fri Jun 17 15:58:45 CEST 2005

Erik Slagter wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-06-17 at 06:37 -0700, Bill May wrote:
>

>>If someone was interested and knowledgeable about libavformat, I'd be
>>happy to work with them to integrate the mp4v2 library - it is a fairly
>>straight forward library to use.  We (developers of mpeg4ip) will try to
>>keep up with the ISO, ISMA standards, and have put interoperability first.
>

> That would be a very interesting concept. I can't help you at all with
> libavformat though :-( It'd be wasteful to duplicate effort!
>
> BTW IIRC mp4creator couldn't handle h264 elementary streams, or has this
> been added recently?

It was added in our 1.2 release (Dec, 2004).  It's been available since
last fall in CVS, and fixed after that (we didn't handle the ctts correctly,
until help from Laurent Aimar came).

Thanks to ffmpeg and x264, mpeg4ip can encode and record/stream live
v4l2 streams, and play it back, as well.

If I can help in any way, let me know.  I can point you to source code,
as well.

Bill