[Ffmpeg-devel] avformat/av_estimate_timings_from_pts re-reads packets

Kenneth Aafløy kenneth
Thu Jun 9 01:59:21 CEST 2005

Hi,

When implementing a real-time application for viewing telly I noticed that
whenever I started watching a new channel the stream reader would read some
amount of packets, seek back to the start of the stream, then re-read them.

I have traced this down to av_estimate_timings_from_pts, where the first thing
that is done is to flush the packet queue. AFAICS this is only called
indirectly from av_find_stream_info, which makes it safe to assume that the
packets in the queue is already usable.

Kenneth