[Ffmpeg-devel] setting rate control equation

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg
Fri Jun 3 09:45:41 CEST 2005

Hi,

On 6/3/05, simant <simantt at motechsoftware.com> wrote:
> Dear members,
>         I am new to this group, I sincerely appreciate any guidance i
> receive from the fellow memebers.
>             I am working on the ratecontrol algorithm used in ffmeg. I ve
> some doubts about the same,
>
>         1 is there any documentation available abt the current alogrithm
>         2. tex^qComp is the default equation. Can we change it...how to
> determine a effective ratecontrol equation.
>         3. On what criteria should we analyse the efficiency of the
> equation.

Maybe you should read the last section (TIPS FOR TWEAKING RATECONTROL)
of this file: http://www2.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/DOCS/tech/encoding-tips.txt

Guillaume
--
Jazz music and Open Source development looks like chaos to an
untrained eye, but end-up producing masterpieces like "Kind of Blue"