[Ffmpeg-devel] MPEG4 over TS

Fernando Pescador pescador
Wed Jun 1 18:24:12 CEST 2005

Hi all,
I'm trying to encapsulate a MPEG4 ES into a Transport Stream using the
following command line

        ffmpeg -i file.m4v file.ts

The result is that the output file is generated with MPEG2 ES instead of
MPEG4 ES. It's possible the generate a TS file including an MPEG4 ES?

I have try an other option generating the TS-file with VLC instead of
FFMPEG. The resulted file can't decoded by FFMPEG because the information of
the video stream is included in a PMT packet (in a Special descriptor), and
FFMPEG is not able to parse it. So my questions are....

1) Is it possible to parse this PMT header with any option in the command
line of FFMPEG?
2) Is it possible to include this kind of information in the ES (or in any
other place) instead of in a PMT header?

Best reagards and Thanks for ffmpeg
Fernando Pescador