[Ffmpeg-devel] SIGFPE Arithmetic exception in h263.c

Zoltan Hidvegi mplayer
Sun Jul 31 04:48:06 CEST 2005

Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > Another fatal error has occurred (which seems that the bitstream is
> > corrupted in anyhow), but now in h263.c (read previous post on SIGSEGV in
> > h264.c).
>
> maybe fixed, if not upload some of the problematic bitstream

I have one, perhaps a different bug, play
ftp://ftp.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/ff-coredump.avi with mplayer
(it's small, only 32k), it dumps with SIGFPE in h263.c.  It works if I
apply the attached trivial patch (which fixes the symptom, not the
disease).  The file works with ffplay.  With mplayer, I get this
warning at the start, just before the coredump:

 [mpeg4 @ 0x8703220]hmm, seems the headers are not complete, trying to guess time_increment_bits
 [mpeg4 @ 0x8703220]my guess is 15 bits ;)

Zoli