[Ffmpeg-devel] Problem streaming ts over udp

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Wed Jul 27 14:23:17 CEST 2005

Hello,

On Tue, 2005-07-26 at 18:19 +0200, Fernando Pescador wrote:
> Hi,
> Im trying to stream a ts file (with only a MPEG2 video elementary stream)
> over UDP using a command line as:
> ffmpeg -i file.ts -vcodec copy -f udp udp://234.5.5.5:1234
>
> The resulting message says:  "Unknow input or output format: udp"
I do not think there is any "udp" output format... Try "-f mpegts";
maybe this is what you want. But I did never try... I see that "TS over
RTP" in libavformat is implemented using a TS pseudo-codec
(CODEC_ID_MPEG2TS) , and I do not know how to use it.

> If I use rtp instead of udp:
> ffmpeg -i file.ts -vcodec copy -f rtp rtp://234.5.5.5:1234
>
> The file is served to the multicast address but not in ts format (I've use
> ethereal to analize it).
In fact, you are asking ffmpeg to stream over rtp the video ES contained
in your .ts file (so, you are probably streaming mpeg2 video over RTP).

				Luca