[Ffmpeg-devel] PATCH colortrunc

Marcus Engene ffmpeg
Mon Jul 25 14:52:40 CEST 2005

Martin Boehme wrote:

>> An utterly silly question, would it solve Kris's problem by doing a
>> vhook squeezing 0-255 into 16-234 or am I on snus again?
>

> I guess so... but it would require programming.
>
> Martin

Ok, I did some programming :-)

 * Colortrunc "truncates" the color range. If your file contains
 * colors between and including 00-0xff (ie normal 8bit) you can
 * force color 0 to be 16 .. 255 to be 234 by doing...
 *
 * ffmpeg -i infile -vhook '/path/colortrunc.so -r 16-234 -g 16-234 -b
16-234' out.mov
 *
 * Note that the entire vhook argument is encapsulated in ''. This
 * way, arguments to the vhook won't be mixed up with those to ffmpeg.
 *
 * You could even invert the colors by specifying f.ex -r 255-0.

/Marcus