[Ffmpeg-devel] MPEG4 streaming over RTP

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Sat Jul 23 14:00:20 CEST 2005

Hello,

On Fri, 2005-07-22 at 17:17 +0200, Luca Abeni wrote:

> Anyway, I am going to prepare a more complete patch, and I'll send it
> later.
Ok, here it is...

As previously said, I think the audio and TS payloads are ok; so I
prepared a patch for fixing the M bit for the MPEG1 video case (attached
mpeg12-m-bit.diff; applies over my previous rtp patch).

However, even with this fix applied vlc is not able to receive an MPEG1
video stream generated by ffmpeg. This is due to some problems in the
"MPEG Video-Specific header", which is fixed by the attached
video-specific-h.diff. One of the problems was that the current code is
not endian-safe (I am testing on a ppc machine); I fixed it by using
htonl, but I do not know if this solution is ok for ffmpeg (is it
portable? I am only testing on linux). If this second patch is not ok,
can someone please suggest the proper solution?

Summing up, my previous patch and mpeg12-m-bit.diff are submitted for
inclusion, while video-specific-h.diff is more an RFC.

Well, that's all for today... I will post another patch for enabling
MPEG2 video streaming, but I have no time now...

			Luca

 Sponsor:
 vieni a conoscere le 2000 aziende del Canavese, prodotti e servizi dal settore alimentare fino a quello tessile
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=3608&d=23-7