[Ffmpeg-devel] packetized mpeg4 video decode error

mike lee mikelee
Thu Jul 21 12:15:10 CEST 2005

Ronald S. Bultje wrote:

>Hi,
>
>On Thu, 21 Jul 2005, mike lee wrote:
>

>[..]
>
>Are you using an AVParser to parse the individual frames before you decode
>them? If you don't do that, you will get the above errors, which basically
>imply that incomplete frames, data not indicating the start of a frame, or
>otherwise corrupt individual units were provided to the decoder. Using an
>AVParser will solve all that.

Actually, i am using the videolan player with ffmpeg 0.4.9 library to
play the streaming. I will soon look deep into it to see whether
videolan obey what you said. On th other hand, because lack of knowledge
on mpeg4 codec, i wanna ask if i want to stream mpeg4 video with rtp
packet, is it correct to set rtp_mode in AVCodecContext? Any other
additional thing i need to do in order to obey standard packetized mpeg4
payload format?

Thanks for helping , Ronald

Mike,Lee