[Ffmpeg-devel] [Ffmpeg-devel-old] rtp mpeg4 packetize problem

mike lee mikelee
Thu Jul 21 05:32:48 CEST 2005

>Unfortunately, I cannot (I wrote that code at work, and I do not have it
>anymore).

    I also can not publish my code out.

>Just set such flag in the "flags" field of AVCodecContext before opening
>the codec. After opening the codec, you will have the "global headers"
>in the extradata field (look at extradata and extradata_size in
>AVCodecContext). You can dump the extradata field in ascii and put it in
>the config= in the SDP file (according to RFC3016).

    I have try this method , but i found that this doesn't work. Lucky i
have solved my problem by searching though rfc3016 and the avcodec
library. There is a "RTP-friendly mode" in CodecContext to tell the
library to set the resync_marker_disable bit in VOL header. This will
enable the use of section 3.3(f) packetized mode in rfc3016 which is not
recommend to use in lossy enviroment.

Anyways, thanks Luca

Mike,Lee