[Ffmpeg-devel] Closing all GOPs.

Julio César Carrascal jcarrascal
Sat Jul 16 15:55:56 CEST 2005

Hi. I'm trying to create a compliant video for a DVD with mencoder.
Right now most DVD creation programs (Nero Vision, Sony DVD Architect
and DVD-Lab PRO) complaint because the GOPs aren't closed in the file
and try to re-encode it. I asked in the mencoder-users list and they
thold me that the feature wasn't implemented and I should ask here.

My question would be: Is "cgop" going to be implemented any time soon?
If so, any idea when will a release be available?

Thanks.

--
Julio C?sar Carrascal Urquijo

I got the Windows version done in The Proverbial Weekend (defined as
one weekend to get it working, two weeks to fix bugs, another week
to rewrite it to workaround new bugs introduced by a patch to Internet
Explorer).
        -- Joel Spolsky