[Ffmpeg-devel] [Patch] Add Yamaha ADPCM encoding/decoding

Vidar Madsen vidarino
Thu Jul 14 23:27:04 CEST 2005

Hi.

Attached is a patch that adds Yamaha ADPCM support to libavcodec. This
is a rather simple codec that is used in ring tones in some phones,
and is typically found in "Yamaha SMAF" files (*.mmf).

There's some hype to be read at: http://smaf-yamaha.com/

I'm working on adding basic SMAF reading/writing to libavformat
(almost done), and until then it's hard to test the codec. But I added
a tag to wav.c to test it, and both encoding and decoding worked fine.

Comments?

Vidar