[Ffmpeg-devel] error in avcodec_open with WMAv2

Martin Boehme boehme
Tue Jul 12 15:52:58 CEST 2005

Hi Osama,

> I am encountering an error while trying to use the WMA v2 decoder. The
> problem errors when i try to call avcodec_open(). Here is the piece of
> code im trying to run.
 > [snip]
>
>     c= avcodec_alloc_context();
>
>     printf("about to open codec\n");
>     /* open it */
>     if (avcodec_open(c, codec) < 0) {
>         fprintf(stderr, "could not open codec\n");
>         exit(1);
>     }
 > [snip]
> Program received signal SIGFPE, Arithmetic exception.
> 0xb7ea8862 in wma_decode_init (avctx=0x19000) at wmadec.c:391
> 391                             pos = ((block_len * 2 * a)  + (b <<
> 1)) / (4 * b);

"b" in this line is the sample rate from the AVCodecContext -- this is
zero because you didn't specify it, hence the floating point
exception... ;-)

Solution: Specify sample rate, number of channels and bit rate before
opening codec (see libavcodec/apiexample.c).

HTH

Martin

--
Martin B?hme