[Ffmpeg-devel] bug tracker

Benjamin Larsson banan
Tue Jul 12 11:55:08 CEST 2005

Hi,

Michael Niedermayer wrote:

>Hi
>
>the current sf bug tracker is checked far too rarely and pretty much just by
>me, we should either
>* kill it and just use the mailinglist

the sf-tracker should be killed.

>* change its config so every bug gets sent to ffmpeg-devel
>* create a ffmpeg-bugs ML and change the bug trackers config so every bug gets
>sent to it
>* switch to a different bug tracker but it must have a working email & web
>interface and be intuitive (= NOT bugzilla) and config it so bugs get sent to
>ffmpeg-devel/bugs
>
>comments, suggestions, flames, ...?

And I think that a combined bug/patch tracker would be good. What I miss
is a simple weblist of  reported bugs and pending/unapplied patches.
Bugs and patches should also be able to be submitted with both web and
email interfaces.

Here is a list of 134 bug tracker projects from freshmeat. There should
be something of use there.

http://freshmeat.net/browse/846/

MvH
Benjamin Larsson