[Ffmpeg-devel] Segfault when encoding MPEG with MMX support

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Mon Jul 11 11:32:26 CEST 2005

Hi

On Monday 11 July 2005 10:01, Tobias Grimm wrote:
> Michael Niedermayer schrieb:
> >note: dereferencing (2*pointer) does work in assembly as well as in c
> > except you dont need these ugly casts to silence that silly compiler
> > thinking it wont work
>
> Sorry, my assembler knowledge does not go beyond PIC or ATMEL
> microcontrollers. Can you give me an example please? Does this have
> something to do with the Segfault problem?

yes, iam trying to say that whoever changed this code in the debian ffmpeg
fork knows even less assembler then you (or didnt sleep a whole week before
writing it or similar), the code makes no sense and cannot work

Michael