[Ffmpeg-devel] Segfault when encoding MPEG with MMX support

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sun Jul 10 21:36:42 CEST 2005

Hi

On Sunday 10 July 2005 19:04, matthieu castet wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Tobias Grimm wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I have an application that encodes still images as MPEG2 to be viewed by
> > a DVB card. With the update to Debian Sarge the application is broken,
> > so I tried out the latest ffmpeg CVS snapshot (2005-07-10).
> > Unfortunately, this does not solve the problem. I always get a segfault,
> > when avcodec_encode_video() is invoked (see backtrace at the end). Only
> > if I compile ffmpeg with --disable-mmx, it works.
>
> I report [1] something like that some times ago...
>

> [1]
> http://mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2005-May/001501.html

hmm, this doesnt mention any relation to --disable-mmx
anyway maybe valgrind would be worth a try, as a quick look at the register
values and disassembly seems to indicate that block_last_index got messed up

Michael