[Ffmpeg-devel] [Patch] DVB Subtitle decoder

Ian Caulfield imc25
Sat Jul 9 00:22:55 CEST 2005

On Fri, 8 Jul 2005, Nico Sabbi wrote:

> Ian Caulfield wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> The attached patch adds a DVB subtitle decoder. I've had to fiddle the
>> AVSubtitle struct to get it to work efficiently; the patch includes tweaks
>> to the existing subtitle code. I've also fiddled slightly with the mpegts
>> parser to allow it to detect DVB subtitles.
>>
>> Issues still outstanding:
>>  - The 'end_display_time' is currently inaccurate - it gives the page
>>    timeout rather than the time it is replaced by the next subtitle
>>  - The parser is a bit of a hack to reassemble PES packets. I welcome
>>    suggestions of better ways to implement it
>>  - If there are multiple subtitle streams on one PID, only one will be
>>    decoded. To fix this it is necessary to associate more than one
>>    AVStream with a pid - not sure how to do this.
>>
>> Please let me know if you have any comments/suggestions.
>>
> Can you upload a sample to www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming please?

By sample, do you mean the patch files or a sample file it can decode?

> How does your code interact with Fabrice's recent commits?

I've had to extend his AVSubtitle structure slightly to work with my code
- basically the stucture can now have more than one bitmap region. I've
tested plugging my decoder into his encoder, which seems to work.

Ian