[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: redetect audioformat in mpeg-ts

Patrick Fischer patrick_fischer
Wed Jul 6 16:07:36 CEST 2005

>Patrick Fischer said:
>

>>In mpeg-ts it is possible to change the AudioFormat.
>>For example from Strereo to Mono.
>>
>>How can I detect the changeings?
>>
>>I think it is not a practical idea to make an av_find_stream_info(...)
>>at every Frame.
>>
>>I need to know the point of the change-over.
>>
>>Anybody an idear?
>>

>MPEG-TS doesn't (usually) contain any more detailed information than the
>codec used.  It's up to your mpeg audio decoder to detect a change, and do
>something sensible.  It's probably not a very good idea to be changing audio
>parameters midstream, as most players will not cope with it.  I'm not sure
>whether it's (dis)allowed by any standards.

Thanks.
But if you look at DVB you will see that the mpeg-ts can change the
audio-format.
DVB sends a consecutive mpeg-ts stream. Some Movies has Strereo and some
other has mono or some others.
I need to detect it.