[Ffmpeg-devel] av_seek_frame() units

Steve Willis ffmpeg
Tue Jul 5 07:24:48 CEST 2005

I would also very much like some more information on this. I asked a
similar question last week, and am very grateful for the response. I am
a newcomer to avcodec/avformat, and could really use some tips or
example code on the best way to seek to a particular frame given its
time, even if that frame is not a keyframe. Could someone explain the
HURRY_UP mode that was suggested for quickly skipping from the nearest
keyframe to the actual frame I am seeking?

Like Ian, I need some help understanding how to map a timestamp to a
framenumber as well.

Thanks,

Steve