[Ffmpeg-devel] wma v2 decoding - attempt at fixing

Roberto Togni r_togni
Mon Dec 26 14:25:47 CET 2005

On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 13:04:41 +0100
Reimar D?ffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de> wrote:

> Hi,
> On Sun, Dec 25, 2005 at 07:54:08PM +0100, Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
> > the attached patch is what my test resulted in so far.
> > The sample I looked at was:
> > With this patch, about 10% instead of 0% of it decode correctly.
> > The patch is crappy, ugly and sure opens a few security holes, but since
> > I won't work on it for the next few weeks (on holiday without PC :-) ),
> > I thought posting it won't hurt. Hopefully someone can find the real
> > fix ;-)...
>
> I at least found a real fix for most (all?) of the files at
> http://tranquillity.campus.luth.se/~banan/WMA/
> Maybe someone can now find the condition when that * 2 is necessary??

Great work Reimar!

The attached patch fixes all broken samples i have (including the
samples from banan), without breaking my working files.
Thanks to Benjamin for the hint.

Please test it with as many files as possible.

Ciao,
 Roberto