[Ffmpeg-devel-old] Re: [Ffmpeg-devel] Some tweaks to better respect max bitrate

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sat Dec 24 04:43:53 CET 2005

Hi

ok late reply i know but this one was still on my list of patches to
look at ...

On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 08:42:31AM +0100, Mean wrote:
> Mean wrote:
>
> >[...]
> >Does it seems sound  or am i raving ?
> >

> It seems to be the latter. Anyway i've attached the diff ( i'm a few
> days behind cvs)
> for talk sake.
>
> I assume it is wrong/stupid but i fail to see where (?). I'll do more try
> wuth a lower buffer_aggressivity to see if it's enough or more
> coercitive enforcement of max bitrate is needed.

ok, i tried this patch, it lowers PSNR by 0.06 increases filesize and doesnt
get rid of a single buffer underflow (12 before 12 after this patch)

rejected

command line used
ffmpeg -i ~/videos/xXx_DivX.avi -cmp 2 -subcmp 2 -mbd 2 -an -pass 2 -b 300 -maxrate 400 -bufsize 60 -psnr test2.avi

Michael