[Ffmpeg-devel] mmx/sse optimizations

Michel Bardiaux mbardiaux
Thu Dec 22 10:17:06 CET 2005

Rich Felker wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 22, 2005 at 12:40:13AM +0100, Marcus Engene wrote:
>
>>Out of curiosity I was googling for mmx & sse info and stumbled upon:
>>http://www.tommesani.com
>>He has a program to aid development of mmx/sse optimizations.
>

> "aid"....
>

>>Has anybody here used it? If so, any opinions about it?
>

> no and i doubt anyone will, judging from the way the page promotes it.
> btw are you a spammer associated with the person who wrote this crap
> and trying to promote it to us? if so you picked the wrong target
> audience...
>
> rich

If you havent tried it, why call it crap? I havent tried it either, but
I have found the doc on MMX and SSE available on this site quite
valuable. (Once you have an idea of the name for some of the ops you
need for a particular purpose, web searches often direct you straight to
a page with useable code!)

--
Michel Bardiaux
R&D Director