[Ffmpeg-devel] FAAC rate control broken?

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Tue Dec 20 16:49:00 CET 2005

Hello again,

On Tue, 2005-12-20 at 16:31 +0100, Luca Abeni wrote:
[...]
> I tried to have a look at libavcodec/faac.c, and it seems that the
> problem is that Faac_encode_init() does not set faac_cfg->bandWidth...
> As an experiment, I tried to set it to
> avctx->bit_rate / avctx->channels / 2
Sorry, I just noticed my idiocy: this should probably be
avctx->sample_rate / 2

But it does not work... :(
(I mean, "-ab" does not have any effect on the final bitrate)

Reducing the faac_cfg->bandWidth value a lot (something like
avctx->sample_rate / 8) does work...
Any suggestion about a proper value for "bandWidth"?

			Thanks again,
				Luca
                               N O    W A R ! ! !

 Sponsor:
 Invia le tue immagini digitali su www.digitalpix.it
* e ricevi vere stampa a casa tua in 24 ore.
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=1534&d=20-12