[Ffmpeg-devel] time for a release?

Michel Bardiaux mbardiaux
Mon Dec 12 11:55:27 CET 2005

Benjamin Larsson wrote:
> Diego Biurrun wrote:
>

>>Folks,
>>
>>it's been a while since the last release and since then there has been a
>>lot of development and many new features have been added to FFmpeg along
>>with fixes for a good deal of bugs.  In short, I think it's time to make
>>a new release.

It does not make sense to issue a 'release' since at the first bug
report regarding the 'release', the reply will be 'use cvs'.

IMHO, either a release is declared, *and* it is supported; or, the
cvs-only-support rule remains in force, and the only thing to do is to
state very it clearly in all the docs.

>>Are there any important open bugs and/or patches that should be taken
>>care of first?
>>

> mp4 nan fps needs to be fixed before release and the psp patch would be
> nice to get applied.

The shared-libs MingW build with VC++ compatibility produces DLLs merged
together (ie, avutil is in avcodec, and avcodec+avutil are in avformat).

--
Michel Bardiaux
R&D Director
E mailto:mbardiaux at mediaxim.be